Sunday, October 25, 2015

Week 9 Reflection

Do You See What I'm Saying?

This week we learned about creating interactive documents through InDesign.  Working on eLearning modules through Adobe Captivate, it was a pretty intuitive process for me.  That being said, I still had some issues with the program that I had to work through. 

Through the process of creating the last few projects, I definitely see the benefits of using multiple channels of media versus only one type of media.  Using multiple types of media allows us to reach different kinds of learners in a way that best suits their learning style.  It also allows us to maximize the learner’s comprehension by providing instruction through multiple channels- thereby reducing the cognitive load and improving memory.  Our reading this week, Defining Audio/Video Redundancy From a Limited- Capacity Information Processing Perspective by Annie Lang, discussed just that notion- that used properly, multiple-channel redundant presentations are better than single-channel presentations.  The key is not confusing the learner by providing audio that just reads what’s on the screen or by using contradictory images.   This knowledge has already impacted my learning by guiding the eLearning modules I’m creating.  I’m now very conscious of the impact my images and audio (if I use any) will have on my learners when I design new modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment